Thank you for your interest to find out more about our co-sharing project.
First and foremost, Delcie’s is NOT a kitchen rental service or rental business. Each of us at Baking Friends Forever have our own bakery businesses to run. The reason why we are doing this is because we see home bakers struggle day-to-day trying to run a legal business but producing food from home for public sales is TOTALLY illegal. What we are trying to do here is to make full use of our extra kitchen space to help bakers like yourself, run an online bakery with a legal food license by co-sharing our NEA food approved space so your start-up cost will be kept to the minimal without having to invest in renovating a shop, pay high rental or purchase heavy equipments before you get a solid customer base. Your objective to co-share on this project should be to test the market, build a customer base and develop a proper product range before you jump start into running your own shop and risk losing everything you have saved up for.
Before we meet you as a potential communal baker, you must be 100% sure you can meet the following requirements:
- Is looking to start your legal online baking business within 1 month.
- Is not shopping for kitchen rental quotations
- Understand you have to co-share our rental and utility bill by paying at least $400 a month
- Ensure you have enough cash flow to tie over the quiet baking months.
- Requires only 4 hours a week to produce your products. (more hours can be allocated according to your requirements and the cosharing fees will be adjusted according to usage)
- Able to sign on a communal co-share contract of minimum one (1) year placing a security deposit of $2,500. (if you are looking at a shorter term contract or pay lesser deposit, we are not interested. It will only mean you are not serious in building a successful business and is not willing to take minimal business risk.)
- To move your home operation 100% into legal kitchen production (no more home baking for sale. If you would like to continue baking from home to sell to people and use our license at the same time, we are not interested as this is an act of irresponsibility putting all co-sharing bakers at risk and deceiving your customers.)
- Is independent in running your own business (we share ideas among the communal bakers on how to market our products but if you are looking for mentors or people who can help you in running your business, we are unable to spoon feed as we have done this before and we witness those whom we spoon feed, fail in their bakery business)
- Must be able to use Halal Ingredients – non alcohol ingredients
- Do not use any meat ingredients in your baking
- Works alone or with 1 other partner (we do not allow business with more than 2 working partners as we have witnessed high risk of business failing with more than 2 business partners)
- Purchase your own ingredients (we have a list of suppliers which you can open your own purchasing account with them; we do not share ingredients)
- Do not require chiller/freezer space to keep ingredients or baked items overnight (24/7 chiller/freezer storage can be arranged if you are willing to pay for additional electricity bill)
- We do have dry storage space to store your personal belonging 24/7 (not for cooked food).
- Is willing to take communal responsibility such as:
- using fresh ingredients
- sell only fresh food
- clean up your assigned area after using
- work within your allocated hours
- respect other co-sharing baker’s business and working/storage spaces
- no duplication of co-sharing baker’s recipes
- Purchase your own personal accident plan
- Get your own Food Hygiene certification (1 full day course with exam)
If you are able to fulfill the above prerequisite, we are willing to meet you and/or your business partner. If you would like to invite your friends or family who is/are not involved in your business partnership to the premise, we will suggest to meet them only after your confirmation (we have experienced interested parties who brought their friends and family who did not respect our kitchen, overstepped the boundaries, overly questioning each communal baker’s individual businesses and/or not focusing on the topic of setting up their own business).
Please understand that when we decide to meet up with you, we are taking time away from our own bakery business to share this opportunity with you.
Alternatively, we have a package of $2000 per month excluding utilities for full month usage. 6 full working days access.
If you are able to meet the above prerequisite and would like to arrange for a meet up,
email email@example.com and CC firstname.lastname@example.org